The Falkner Promenade snakes its way at Tirolo above Merano and offers a promising panoramic view.
The Falkner Promenade (H. Falkner-Weg), bearing the German name of a falconer, snakes close to the Bird Care Centre Castel Tirolo, but in fact this is not the reason for the name of this path. The promenade is named after its donator, Hans Norman Falkner (1906-1988) from North Tyrol. Tirolo was his adopted village, and he put himself out for this place in the 20th century.
Also the 1 km long Falkner Promenade was established on his initiative. This promenade surrounds the village from the petrol station to the west edge of the village and offers a panoramic view on San Pietro, Castel Tirolo and Thurnstein Castle as well as the entire basin of Merano.