At S. Nicolò in Val d’Ultimo there is a folklore museum providing information about art handicraft and farmers’ traditions of the valley.
Image gallery: Val d’Ultimo folklore museum
The building in which the valley museum is accommodated has once been the primary school of San Nicolò. In 1827 this building was constructed and for more than 100 years it has not been renovated. Only 138 years later the building has been taken on board again and relocated to another place of the village, where it has been gently reconstructed. This is where the Val d'Ultimo folklore museum was meant to emerge. In 1973 the valley museum has been inaugurated and opened for the public.
Gottfried Oberthaler, the initiator together with his assistants, arranged the museum, which still today provides lots of useful information about art handicrafts, farmers' cultural artifact and the fauna of the valley. In a total of seven rooms there are hand tools, documents and various other items. But also the rooms are worth seeing, such as the smokebox and the dairy.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.