Zwingenberg Castle is located on a forested hill above the village of Tesimo-Prissiano
Castel Zwingenberg, or Zwingenburg, has been constructed before 1222, but only has been mentioned in 1237 by their owners, the Counts of Zwingenberg. 1274 the castle passed into the hands of Meinhard II. In 1525 the castle complex was destroyed during the Great Peasants' War and then reconstructed. The Counts von Stachelburg were the last aristocrats who owned the castle (1649 - 1809).
Zwingenberg Castle is an elongated building with a gate in the west and a grand hall in the north-east behind the donjon. It was built to protect the Etschtal valley on the Gampenweg path.
Zwingenberg Castle was extensively renovated around 1900. Today, the tower and the palace are inhabited and the castle is kept in good condition. Access is not permitted, only an exterior tour is possible.
- Via Zwingenburg / Zwingenburg Weg - 39010 - Tesimo-Prissiano / Tisens-Prissian
- +39 0473 920822
not accessible to the public