Castel Stachlburg, a typical Tyrolean castle dating back to the 13th century, is located at Parcines.
Stachlburg Castle - not to be confused with Stachelburg Castle in Nalles - was constructed as seat of the Lords of Parcines (Partschins) in Tyrolean style. The building was known as “Perzin Castle” up to the 16th century. The oldest part with the tower and the first accommodation wing was built in the 13th century. A building in the east and one in the west were built later.
In 1540 Georg Stachl, once carer of Foresta Castle near Lagundo, purchased the castle and was ennobled with the title “of Stachlburg”. From this point of time the building was called the same way, and still today it does so. Around 1700 the knight’s hall with the stuccoed ceiling was added. In 1809 the owner, Johann Count von Stachlburg, died in the famous Bergisel battle and left the castle to his three granddaughters. These three women all married a man of the Giovanelli family. The possessor of Stachlburg Castle today, Baron von Kripp, is still bound up with the Giovanelli family via his great grandmother.
Since 1990 at Stachlburg Castle there is a vineyard with winery, where excellent wines of organic farming are produced. Also concerts and once a year a Wine Festival with wine tasting take place in the castle. Also part of the complex is the “Schleriehaus” building in Lagundo, where in the course of renovation beautiful frescoes could have been saved.
Current COVID 19 rules:… read more
accessible during the annual wine festival