Postal ruin is located in the eponymous village, in the north west of the church.
In 1289 the castle “Burgstall” has been mentioned for the first time. To all appearances this castle was a hillfort. In 1330 Volkmar of Tyrol, castle captain of Tirolo Castle, owned Postal Castle. This is when he called himself “von Burgstall”. Probably it was him to establish the Court of Postal, which persisted until 1810.
In 1342 Postal Castle passed into the hands of Heinrich von Annenberg. Two years later Friedrich von Weissenstein has been enfeoffed with court and castle. Between 1651 and 1703 the Lords of Hohenhauser owned the castle, who sold it to the Lords of Spaur. In 1810, however, the court was dissolved and Postal was assigned to the regional court of Merano.
The village below the castle has been established at the slope, as the valley floor was too wet. Later on the marshland was drained and the fertile area has been used by agriculture. There are not many remainings of the Postal castle complex, only the ruins of the quadrangular tower as well as the residential tower and circular wall still show up today.