Plars Castle is located at Plars di Mezzo, a locality of Lagundo, and is surrounded by vineyards, orchards and pine-trees
Plars Castle was mentioned for the first time in written documents in the 14th century. Back then the building used to be called "Mairhof zu Torkel in Plairs" or "Torgglerhof" and it was one of the largest and most beautiful farms in Lagundo.
In 1880 Wilhelm D'Avignon from Leipzig purchased the farm and rebuilt it into a castle with park and villa. At his own expense he also extended the road through Plars di Mezzo. In 1911 the Theiner family from Plars purchased the castle. Franz Theiner, a former sergeant of the Emperor, visited the viticulture school in Klosterneuburg, Austria. In 1974 the building was renovated from the ground up.
Today the third generation of the Theiner family manages Plars Castle and offers a Boutique Hotel with an own vineyard. The ancient building cannot be visited, but the well-known Lagundo Waalweg path passes near Plars Castle.
accessible only for guests of the house