The Malga Klosteralm mountain hut (2,154 m a.s.l.) high above the hamlet of Certosa in the Val Senales valley is the destination of this hike
Our mountain tour leads us into one of the most beautiful and pristine Alpine valleys, the Val Senales. From the large parking space outside the walls of Certosa we follow the path no. 23. The alternative forest path is significantly longer but suitable for a family hike. The path snakes its way steeply uphill through the larch forest, Alpine roses and other flowers grow by the wayside.
From the edge of the forest it's not far to the renovated Malga Klosteralm mountain hut (2,154 m a.s.l.) which invites us to stop. For the way back we choose the forest path, alternatively you can follow the same trail back. Sometimes even a chamois can be seen along the way.
if you're hiking with kids we recommend the ascent on the forest road
- Starting point:
- Certosa (Karthaus) in the Val Senales valley
- Time required:
- 03:50 h
- Track length:
- 9,8 km
- from 1.327 m to 2.151 m
- Altitude difference= ucfirst(_('')) ?>:
- +824 m | -824 m
- Malga Klosteralm mountain hut
- Resting points:
- Malga Klosteralm mountain hut (open from early June to the end of October)
- Recommended time of year:
- Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- Download GPX track:
- Hike to the Malga Klosteralm
If you want to do this hike, we suggest you to check the weather and trail conditions in advance and on site before setting out.